This project is read-only.

Feature Ideas

Jun 10, 2011 at 10:57 PM

Anyone got any?

Jun 15, 2011 at 5:17 PM

Like I said in chat, the Level Designer wll decide which style o Mario, Luigi, Peach, and Toad the player will play as in that level. Either SMB1, SMB2, SMB3 or SMW.

I do realize somestuff doesn't make sense, like a raccoon SMB1 Toad, but somene can get around to editing sprites so that  they work.

Also, like I also said before, you should be able to make certain blocks always produce tier 2 items, no matter what size Mario is.

Jul 19, 2011 at 12:02 PM

@TheOtherAce - I think focusing on creating tilesets for just a single style of character, given the number of suits they want made, is probably enough for a 1.0 release, but that is just my opinion.

@Excitium
Ideas:

1 - Embedded NPC Maker (eventually) to make it easier to make 'vanilla' NPCs. Tabs for "Movement" "Collision" "Projectile" "Spawner" "OnTouch" "OnActivate" and "Advanced", with Advanced being where ASM or whatever coding language we are using can go. 

2 - Embedded Block Maker (eventually), similar to above.

3 - Embedded PC Character. More complicated, but hopefully the options will be tweakable enough to do many different things with this. I am hoping most reasonable side-scrolling characters from that era will be possible in this menu (Sonic, Kirby, etc).
Just some ideas. These are things I feel will add a lot to the game's longevity. 

Jul 19, 2011 at 8:24 PM

I have some ideas.

1. cutscene editor: In the cutscene editor, you can set where the camera moves when the camera moves, and how fast it moves, set what npc's walk, where they walk, when they walk, and how fast they walk, and you can set when text boxes come up, and you can set the font style and the color of the text. When you're done making your cutscene, you can simply make an event that triggers it.

2. video importer: With this, you can import any video format. When you import it, you can make an event that triggers it.

3. music composer: This is a music composer that works like Mario paint composer. With this, you can use instruments from the SNES versions of SMB1-3, and SMW. You can export it to an mp3 so you can use it in your level/game.

4. title screen/game over screen editor: Unlike SMBX, SML can make title screens and game over for your games. You can import images, or use images that are already in the game.

5: Credits editor: With this tool, you can create your own credits. You can change the font size, color of the font, and the font style. You can import your own music for the credits, add pictures to the credits, and add a background to the credits.

Aug 21, 2011 at 6:33 PM
Edited Aug 21, 2011 at 6:34 PM

2 things I think I need to bring to attention.

1. I've always found the music in SMBX sort of lazy. It really needs to loop, because it just sound stupid when it fades out and restarts. Of course, I've gotton used to this, but when I first downloaded SMBX, I couldn't believe that it actually did that.

2. Another thing: if, for example, fire Mario is hit, will he revert to small Mario or regular/super Mario? I think that if there's even if there's an item box on the HUD like in SMW, going back to regular/super Mario would be nice.

Oct 15, 2011 at 1:57 AM

I forgot one thing: The music composer should be able to import midis.